Alabama Abandoned Vehicle – Surety Bond

Relating to unclaimed motor vehicles; law was amended in Sections 32-8-84, 32-13-2, and 32-13-3, Code of Alabama 1975.

Anyone that purchases an Abandoned Vehicle from an individual or company who is not a Bonded Title Agent (Designated Agent) will need to obtain a Surety Bond to secure a motor vehicle title in Alabama.

Jason Steward Enterprises Inc Can help! We have years of experience in obtaining Surety Bonds for our clients.

Visit here to learn more about Surety Bonds and how they work…

Upon payment of the sales price to a seller who is not a bonded agent, the purchaser of the abandoned motor vehicle shall be entitled to, and the person making the sale shall issue, a bill of sale for the abandoned motor vehicle, in a form as prescribed by the department. In addition, the purchaser shall post a surety bond pursuant to Section 32-8-36 to obtain title for any sale on or after January 1, 2020. “(2) If the purchaser of an abandoned motor vehicle fails to apply for a certificate of title within one calendar year from the date of the sale, the purchaser shall be subject to posting a surety bond under Section 32-8-36.

Share this article: Link copied to clipboard!